Several rideshare companies, such as Lyft and Uber, have transformed the taxi business by providing convenience at a reasonable price and making travel simpler for individuals. Unfortunately, accidents using these services are not unheard of. If you were involved in a vehicle accident while traveling with Lyft/Uber, it is vital to get in touch with a seasoned Lyft accident lawyer in Jersey City to be more prepared for the unexpected.
Does this raise the issue of what happens if your Lyft is involved in an accident? It should be highlighted that suing Lyft is an extreme situation since Lyft’s insurance policy should adequately protect passengers. As a last resort, you could sue if the at-fault driver or Lyft does not have enough insurance to pay for your injuries or the policies don’t payout for your injuries.
What Should You Do Immediately After The Collision?
If you’ve been involved in a Lyft accident, there are specific safety rules that should be followed by everyone involved, just as there are in any other motor vehicle accident. As an example:
- If you or another passenger, or the driver, are not gravely hurt, and the vehicle can be moved, the vehicle should be parked on the shoulder of the road. Moving to a safe location away from oncoming traffic may assist in avoiding more incidents from occurring.
- The motorist should activate their hazard lights to alert other drivers.
- The police should be notified whether you are driving or another vehicle is involved in the accident (and the drivers should exchange insurance information if more than one vehicle is involved).
- When paramedics arrive at the collision scene, you should seek medical assistance immediately, even if your symptoms do not seem to be serious. Even mild dizziness may develop into a severe condition later on, and some individuals don’t experience discomfort until the next day following an automobile accident.
- Some injuries may not manifest themselves for a lengthy period, so knowing how long you have to file a lawsuit after an accident is critical to collecting enough compensation for your injuries.
To enhance your chances of success in any Lyft car accident insurance claims, speak with all required parties, including the driver, the police officer, and anybody else involved in the accident. However, even if you were not driving, you are still a party to the accident. It is critical that any comments made by other parties involved in the accident be factually correct.