2D Explainer is one of the video production formats (literally – explaining video), used to describe and present your product, service or company and their subsequent sale. Explainer is a fairly broad concept, but the format that will be discussed in this article appeared in video production relatively recently (10-15 years ago, no more).
Next, you will understand Here what 2D explainer video is talking about, and to make everything fall into place even faster.
The characteristic features of the 2D video explainer format are:
- the presence in the video of the process of explaining something (the principle of operation of the device, a new way of solving the problem of people, differences from competitors, etc.);
- timing of 60-90-120 seconds (rarely more or less than this duration, this is the standard);
- the absence of active advertising “head-on” (there is no active imposition of the product on the client, rather there is a listing of the benefits that the client can receive when buying a product);
- the content of the video is most often about a new product, startup, service, service, a young company, IT development, technology or innovation;
- video design is used (motion graphic, graphic design, artistic illustrations, 2d and 3d animation, stop motion, whiteboard, infographics), i.e. computer graphics and animation, video filming is either not used at all, or used to a minimum;
- is placed primarily on the Internet (on any video hosting service (by the way, high-quality animation videos are more often placed on Vimeo than on YouTube), on the company’s landing page, on social networks).
Purpose of 2D video Explainer
So what problem do explainer videos solve? Why are they needed and to whom? In our company, we know our customers and their needs well, we regularly conduct surveys and we have our own point of view on this matter. Let’s figure it out.
The amount of new information in the world is growing exponentially every day, and in the flow of this information noise, long texts and standard static presentations are less and less quoted among entrepreneurs as high-quality marketing tools for product description. Your target audience simply ignores all this and wants to understand the main essence of the product, find out why it is needed, see why your product is better than that of your competitors and purchase it. By the way, this also includes marketing kits, sales offers, and long landing pages.
2D Video explainer is a tool that contains the maximum amount of information about your product and gives it to your client in a minimum amount of time. You have already heard all this: you can clearly and visually present a large amount of information to the viewer, talk about technology, advantages, motivate to purchase a product, while in text form or pictures this information would not be so effective.
But in what situations and under what circumstances is this tool required? It is required when people are faced with something new. Any learning process is always learning something new. The more efficiently you can present this information, the faster you educate your customers, the more sales you will get in the same time frame.
This is why you can often (but by no means always) expect an increase in conversions from an explainer video. And not necessarily, by the way, site conversions. We have had cases when the explainer also increased the conversion from a request from the site to a closed deal, because visitors to the new service began to watch the trailer and now asked fewer questions, having more motivation to register in this service on a paid basis.
So, in a nutshell: Are you a CEO launching a new product, service, or company into the market? Is your product launching on the internet? Do you have an IT project? So you are our target audience. My team and I know how to make your investments in the expander pay off in 2-12 (maximum) months and bring you a profit.
What are the benefits of an expander for you and your business?
Let’s separate flies from cutlets: an explanatory video always performs two functions – it is to attract traffic (PR of a product, company) and increase conversion. This is a kind of marketing (or advertising – whichever you prefer) a universal tool that should both increase the number of leads (be popular) and raise conversions at different stages of the sales funnel.
We know what you want. You want every potential customer in your company to watch the video, so that every viewer buys your product and then every customer re-purchases it. And so on ad infinitum. Have you guessed? We hope so, because this conclusion cost us a lot of time and money. And that’s what we strive for when developing unique explainer videos for our clients.
Now let’s move on to the benefits. Of course, you want to have a presentation of your product, company, service or product. But what’s behind this? Why would you need a 2D video explainer beyond this obvious goal?
- Increase sales. How can this be achieved with video? Increase traffic, increase the number of repeat sales, increase the conversion from lead to application, increase the conversion rate from the video to the site, increase the average time a user spends on the site, reduce the percentage of user bounces on the site, increase the depth of site browsing, increase the number of backlinks to the site by distributing the video on the network, increase the number of interested parties in your product (investors, partners, colleagues, competitors, etc.), increase the number of back responses, clicks on links in the letter, increase the number of transitions to a group, blog.
- Reduce costs. Reduce the time for communication with the client (by phone, during any other negotiations), reduce the time and money spent on the presentation of the product – the video works 24 hours a day, reduce the number of refusals anywhere.
- Optimize the work of business processes and personnel. Optimize the manager’s work by increasing his free time (no need to answer the same questions), optimize the process of creating and presenting your product (when contacting a video studio), optimizing the training process for employees, colleagues, partners.
Friends, we hope that now you more or less understand what a 2D videoexplainer is and what it is eaten with. We will tell you about some of the most beautiful explanatory videos in the world, the cost and timing of such a tool, and many other interesting facts and stories in the future articles.